Thursday, December 8, 2011

Third time's the charm!

I finished another 10 mile run with my good buddie Erika this morning.

We made the route kind of one big loop around the LSU lakes and the Garden District and had a goal of staying between an 11 and 12 minute per mile average. There was nothing overly spectacular about this run to most runners.

Except this is the third time in about a month that I've run 10 miles non-stop. I should also note that Erika had spinal fusion surgery a year and a half ago. So while it wasn't super fast, we both have milestones of our own.

One other small thing that I have to mention from the run: there were lots of considerate dog owners. I like to call them pet parents. We only passed three, but two had very socialized dogs who stayed on the far side of their owner and didn't bother us. The other pet parent was walking and kept her dog on a very short leash, so when he become distracted by us, he couldn't get to us. Thank you good pet parents.